People Insurance

People Insurance

People insurance is not limited to workers compensation. Ask our team which insurance cover you need to keep your people safe.


Looking after the people in your business is sensible and essential.

With our increasingly mobile and flexible workforce, employing people comes with wide-ranging issues. Effective travel cover, injury, industrial disease, kidnapping – these are all considerations that need to be addressed in every business, no matter how large or small.

Austral can help you understand your people risk exposures and help you decide on the right cover for your business and the people who work in it.

Our advisors are here to help so that you can feel confident you can support your people when they need it most.

Corporate Travel

Understanding all the risks facing your people when they travel is essential to good corporate governance. Protection of your employees shouldn’t stop when they leave the office. That’s why comprehensive corporate travel insurance is a necessity.

Find out what type of corporate travel policies you should have in place for your staff – whether they’re FIFO, on lengthy international trips or just going about their everyday roles, let Austral guide you on looking after them.

Inbound and Expatriate Medical

If your employees work for a period outside Australia, your business will need protection in the event of liability claims for a worker who is injured, becomes ill or dies during their employment. More often than not, local Workers’ Compensation policies will provide inadequate protection for you or your employees.

Ask Austral about the best cover to suit your business needs.

Industrial Disease

With leading international practices for Occupational Health and Safety, Australian workers enjoy excellent working conditions. However sometimes unpredictable events occur that can cause disease. The asbestosis crisis showed everyone the enormous impacts these can have on a company – both from a financial and reputational point of view.

What type of industrial disease could you have at your workplace? Are your buildings safe from toxins? Are all your systems working correctly to protect your people? Let our Austral team help you understand your risks and advise on protective measures.

Journey – Personal Accident

Travel insurance does not protect your employees on their travels to and from work. The cover needed for this travel is called journey insurance.

Kidnap & Ransom

As the name suggests, this type of insurance covers your business in the event that your employees, or their families, are kidnapped or held at ransom. It is a horrific thought but it is a sad possibility in our modern world, here and overseas.

Discuss this with your broker if you have employees travelling to, or working in, high risk destinations.

Personal Accident and Sickness

When you work for yourself, for example as a tradie or sole trader, you will need your own Personal Accident and Sickness cover.

Having the confidence that you’re financially protected is critical when your income relies on you turning up to work. Austral will ensure you have the right and adequate business insurance in place to safeguard you and your loved ones.

Voluntary Workers

Do you have a voluntary workforce? Do you realise this workforce is just as entitled to your care and protection as paid employees?

Determine your responsibility for this workforce and ensure you have the correct protection.
Contact us today to get the right advice and cover.

Workers’ Compensation

Austral Risk Services are specialists in Workers Compensation. For all the details please click Workers' Compensation.

Working Directors – Personal Accident

The Directors of your company are entitled to your care as well. Did you know your Working Directors are not always covered under Workers’ Compensation?

Ask Austral if you need cover for some of the most important people in your business.