When - February 18, 2016 from 4pm to 6pm
Where - Austral Risk Services, Boardroom, Level 1, 33 Cedric Street, Stirling (5 minutes from the CBD)
Register with Angela here
Why should you care?
We have an ageing workforce in Australia - and your business is probably no exception.
Older workers still have a valuable contribution to make to your business however they have different needs. For example, they may be more susceptible to injury which could impact your annual workers' compensation insurance premium.
Simple measures taken now could save your business in the longer term.
In this important seminar, Andrew Kikeros, WA's expert in ageing workforce risk, will address this issue and how it can potentially impact your business.
In a recent survey of over 16,000 employees across eight countries including Australia, 55% stated they expected to retire at 65 or older.
This presents two issues for your business.
- How will you manage your older workforce?
- Do you have a thorough understanding of the business risk of employees leaving before retirement age?
Businesses must acknowledge the phenomena of retiring baby boomers and be proactive in identifying the risks, and put strategies in place to mitigate against these risks.
Some questions for you
- What are you going to do to prevent the spike in workers' compensation claims and higher premiums already being seen today in Australia as more workers continue working into old age?
- What are you doing right now about the fact that within 9 years you will have lost 20% of your employees?
- What is the cost of the lost knowledge that these employees may take with them? Do you know what they know?
Here's what you'll learn
- What are the different types of exposures?
- Why you need to act now.
- How much will it cost you in the short and long term?
- What measures can you take to protect your business?
Plus you'll receive a complimentary one hour consultation with Andrew Kikeros for your business.
Who should attend?
Business owners and senior management of companies with over 30 employees or any business with an older employee base.
Numbers are Limited - Reserve your place here
About Andrew Kikeros
Andrew Kikeros is an expert in the areas of ageing workforce planning and baby boomer retirement and has worked with Austral Bricks, Australian Railroad Group, Alcoa Huntly Mine and Western Power in developing ageing workforce plans and strategies.
During his career Andrew has been interested in the changing Australian workforce and its impacts on organisations and individuals.
Andrew is a qualified trainer with considerable experience in delivering training to both public and private clients, extensive facilitation experience and is regarded by clients as a highly strategic thinker, excellent communicator and insightful planner.
“There is an overwhelming lack of awareness by senior management and HR professionals of the impact of an ageing workforce on Australian businesses. In particular, the threat to productivity and the loss of critical knowledge caused by looming, massive employee churn as baby boomers retire.”
- Andrew Kikeros