Workers Compensation: The Cost of Non Compliance
05 February 2018
If you don’t have workers’ compensation insurance in WA, your business will be liable for the cost of the benefits paid if one of your workers has a work related injury or industrial disease.
Costs could include:
- in excess of $600,000 in benefits if a worker is injured
- legal costs involved in court action
- liability for the cost of any action taken at common law
- fines of up to $5000 per worker
- an amount equal to any avoided premiums going back five years
- separate and further offences for every week you remain uninsured after the date of conviction.
Speak with your Austral Insurance Broker to ensure you are adequately covered, or if you have any questions about workers' compensation you need addressed.